Tuesday, November 5, 2013


Sentinel (Covenant, #5)Sentinel by Jennifer L. Armentrout
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

What can I say but wow! Jennifer Armentrout knocked it out of the park with the final installment of the Covenant series. Alex has been one of the best heroines of any book series that I have read. She is rattled at the beginning after her fight with Ares and not sure if she can be the god killer Apollyon everyone needs her to be. She is remarkably tough and brave and isn't afraid of making hard decisions. She is a true fighter all the way to the end.

I have to say the ending surprised me quite a bit. It wasn't what I expected but actually couldn't have been better. I think Jennifer Armentrout found a way to make everyone happy which is hard to do for an author with such devout readers!

Aidan was his normal swoon worthy self. He couldn't possibly love Alex more and would do anything to protect her. The scenes between Aidan and Alex were electric and I read a few of them over and over again.

I felt like this book was a redemption story for Seth. I actually loved his character and was angry at him in the past two books. It was nice to see that everything Alex felt for Seth wasn't a lie.

The killer about these books is the action. It never stops. It is hard to take a rest while reading this series and Sentinel didn't hold back.

I have to say that I am hoping Jennifer Armentrout's acknowledgements at the end that includes this, "This may be it for Alex, but you know....stories never really, truly end," is a hint at more to come from this world!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment